Monday, September 6, 2010

Pucker, Book Review

Pucker, by Melanie Gideon

I finished this book in the summer, and thought I'd give you guys a review. Firstly, I would put it under fantasy, mystery, and fiction. Here's a description:
    Thomas Quicksilver, known to his classmates as "Pucker," has always been an outsider. His crazy mother, the secret of his family's strange origins, and above all, the terrible scars on his face from a childhood fire these things have kept Thomas isolated and lonely. But now, at seventeen, Thomas is suddenly given the chance to change all that.To be magically healed, even beautiful; to have girls throwing themselves at him.To fit in. The question is, what is he willing to sacrifice? His home? His personality? His mother s life?To tell you the truth I thought it wasn't gonna be as good as it was. Thomas  faces a lot of discoveries about his childhood and this world that lead him to truth and lies. Well I guess the description says it all, and I don't wanna give anything away. This is the kind of book you want to read in a stormy or rainy day, when you have time!I think one of the lessons/themes is never change who you really are and stay true to yourself, be strong.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this one sounds really good, and I had not heard about it before. Thanks for spotlighting it :)

    ReplyDelete